Jeffrey L. Peek
Toll Free: 800-810-6780
201 North Charles Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
For over 22 years, Mr. Peek has been involved in litigating medical malpractice claims in both State and Federal Courts. Early in his career, Mr. Peek worked for a large, prominent law firm representing doctors, health care practitioners, hospitals, HMOs and health insurers in defense of medical negligence claims. Since 1999, Mr. Peek has exclusively represented victims of medical errors and negligence. Mr. Peek has successfully represented victims of malpractice in claims against nearly every major hospital and health system in Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Mr. Peek has represented individuals and families injured as a result of medical negligence in cases that have resulted in jury verdicts or settlements in excess of one million dollars ($1,000,000.00) over a dozen times in the last five years and in 2007 received a jury verdict in excess of seven million dollars ($7,000,000.00) for a client with breast cancer that was not diagnosed during a mammogram.*
Mr. Peek is a former member of the Board of Governors of the Maryland Association for Justice and was selected for inclusion in the 30th Anniversary Edition of Who’s Who in American Law. He maintains the prestigious AV® Preeminent™ rating, the highest rating by the Martindale-Hubbell legal rating agency and has been selected by his peers as a Super Lawyer every year from 2009 through 2013. In 2012, he was recognized as one of the Top 100 lawyers in Maryland.
J.D., University of Maryland School of Law, 1991
B.S., Towson State University, 1987
- The Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C.
- Maryland Association for Justice
Member, Board of Governors, 2007-2012
- American Association for Justice
- 1991, Maryland and U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- 2000, District of Columbia
- 2003, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Leonard S. Jacobson, Third Judicial Circuit, 1988-1990
- Who's Who in American Law, 30th Anniversary Ed.
- AV® Preeminent™ Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected as a Super Lawyer from 2009 through 2013
- Top 100 Lawyers in Maryland, 2012